1. Apply for the right jobs. Study job descriptions and highlight the parts describing you.
2. Research companies seeking your skills. Use LinkedIn’s Skills section to help choose suitable organizations.
3. Create and cultivate a professional online presence. Jobvite’s 2011 Social Job Seeker Survey reports 89 percent of companies will use social networks as part of their hiring plans this year. Consider creating and maintaining your own professional website like a social resume.
4. Network in person. Join professional organizations (many will have student or new professional rates) and attend events where you can expect to meet prospective hiring managers and mentors.
5. Practice your pitch. Be able to tell people what you do, why it’s important to them, and about your accomplishments. Narrow down these talking points to a 30-second introduction.
Tips 6 – 10 and complete article