The interview is scheduled! You are ecstatic, as well you should be! But now what? How will you prepare? Here’s a quick checklist with links to more information to help you succeed!
1. Get a copy of the most current and/or in-depth job description (Hint: the internal job posting may have more detail)
2. Prepare a STAR story for each of the job requirements. (What is a STAR story, read more here)
3. Prepare and practice out loud answers to these questions.
4. Craft your opening statement “Tell me about yourself” and “Why should we hire you”
5. Research the company using their website, LinkedIn and on sites such as Hoovers Online, Forbes lists, and Dun & Bradstreet
If you can’t find them there, then visit your local library and speak to a reference librarian!
Be able to answer: What do you know about us, What do we do, Who are our competitors
6. Know something about the people who will be interviewing you! Research them via LinkedIn and Google!
Tips 6-12 and Complete CareerSherpa Article