Have you ever walked out of an interview thinking you didn't give 100%? Feeling like you failed to convince the recruiter and sell yourself? You are not the only one! The job interview is part of the process when looking for a job, and there are two fundamental tips to master it: Prepare and Practice
Miguel Ángel Rangel, Recruitment and Selection Manager of Deloitte Mexico, recommends that candidates review the information placed on the resume and not put false information , since later the recruiter will notice it.
“Practice a lot, go to a lot of interviews. Sometimes you have to put two or three 'No' together to get a 'Yes'. They will realize that many questions are repeated and they will be able to answer better ”, he commented during his participation in Expo City OCC .
Here's a compilation of the most common interview questions and how you can answer them wisely. So know the 25 questions that the recruiter will surely ask you:
They seem casual or 'light' but they are focused on getting more information than you think. Find out why.
1. Tell me about yourself. The recruiter doesn't want to know your life story , they are giving you the opportunity to speak openly about your 'professional self'. Avoid sharing personal information , focus on your work profile, your strengths and show enthusiasm.
2. Why are you interested in the position? Take the opportunity to show your enthusiasm for the job.
3. What do you know about our company? Prepare in advance and do your research on the company: mission , history, values , earnings, business units and social networks.
They will go deep into your professional life with the intention of detecting red flags. Anticipate your response so you are not caught off guard.
6. Why did you leave your previous job? Why do you want to change jobs? Leave out the negative comments about your past work experience , focus on your desire to grow and how this position surpasses the one you have or had before.
The difficult ones
They provide the recruiter with key information about your professional profile , think carefully before answering.
11. There is a gap in your work experience, what did you do during that time? Highlight productive activities such as: volunteer work, taking a course, finishing your studies.
12. Tell me about a moment in your work life where you made a mistake, how did you solve it? We all make mistakes at work, but there are those who have the ability to intelligently approach their mistake and find a solution. Show that you are that person.
Read all 25 questions and the complete Entrepreneur article
Post a Comment