Facebook can be a secret weapon for those looking for jobs. And not just by posting: "Hey, I'm looking for a job."
Facebook can also harm your job search. Recruiters will go to your Facebook profile and judge you.
Their judgments can be pretty spot on, too, reports NIU Today, citing a study from Northern Illinois University’s College of Business.
Knowing that, here are the top 10 tips for using Facebook to land your dream job.
1. Use applications like Simply Hired, BranchOut, or BeKnown to expose your Facebook profile to recruiters. Simply sign in to these apps with your Facebook login.
2. These apps also let you sift through your network to find friends who work at companies with job openings so you can hit them up to put in a good word for you.
3. Use Facebook to get noticed by the companies you want to work for.
"Facebook offers you ways to engage with companies you like. You can Like pages, participate in discussions, participate in groups in occupations, locations, discussions which are about the company," Gautam Godhwani, CEO of Simply Hired.com, told Business Insider.
4. Scout out the likes of other employees at the company. Make your profile show similar interests by liking similar groups or pages. (And if you don't like those pages -- why do you want to work with those folks?)
5. Fill out the education and job history parts of your profile. Turn your job history into a resume, similar to how you would fill out a LinkedIn profile.
Post a Comment