At the start of 2012, I decided I wanted to work for Radian6, so I created a social media campaign targeted towards the company. The goal was to get an interview with a recruiter. Here’s what I did:
- I first started out by setting a plan, and a goal. This way, I had clear direction with what I wanted to do, and how I was going to do it.
- I started engaging with Radian6 on Twitter on a regular basis.
- I decided to write this post as my job application.
- I engaged with my influential followers, and asked them to share this post with their community.
- I tagged Radian6 in the post on Twitter and Facebook to make sure they would see it.
guest post for their blog. You might say this campaign was not successful, but I would disagree. The goal was to get an interview, and that goal was accomplished. To me, that’s success. The best part about all of this was that it took me as long to write the blog post as it would have to write a cover letter and résumé specifically for that company.
So how can you take my example, and apply it to you? Here are a few tips of what you could do with your personal online presence that might help you get a recruiter’s attention through social media.
Your online brand must be professional
- Make sure your social media profiles are clean. Pictures must be appropriate and keep any negative comments about employers to yourself.
- Establish a headquarters (i.e. website or blog), and show your skills through your writing. Be creative with it.
Listen to what hiring managers are saying
- Find the companies where you want to work. Make sure you are present and active on the same networks as they are.
- Look at their online presence, and listen to what they are saying. Engage with them and introduce yourself to the company.
Post a Comment