by Lavie Margolin
Have you ever conducted an internet job search and noticed a job that is the perfect fit for you?
Then when you applied, you got no response?
Was it frustrating to see the same job, that you are supremely qualified for, posted in various online outlets for months and months?
Why is this happening?
There are several reasons and it may have nothing to do with how qualified the applicants are:
1. The position has a high turnover rate and in order to ensure a fresh pool of candidates, the job is constantly advertised.
2. The company has not found the right candidate for the job.
3. The company thought they found the right candidate but it did not work out and the search is now reopened.
4. The job will be filled internally but company has to source external candidates.
5. The job has officially been put on hold but resumes are being accepted until the job opens up again.
6. The company will not be reviewing resumes until a certain deadline has passed and is trying to gather as many resumes as possible.
Reasons 7-15 and the complete article