1. Assess your interests, values, and qualities. The start of a new year is a great time to review your previous roles. Evaluating your goals, values, and lifestyle is an important first step in any career change. Yes, it can be difficult trying to figure out your ideal job. Below are questions to help you find the answers you seek:
- Do you like to volunteer?
- What would you do for free?
- Is there something that you would like to try?
- Are you living your values?
- Do you like working with your hands?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- What are some of your hobbies?
3. Identify what motivates you and makes you happiest. It has been said that if you are working at something that doesn’t feel like work, then you have found a passion. Once you have identified your interests, then it is time to match the interests with careers, jobs, and fields. Simply take a sheet of paper and draw a line down the center. On one side, jot down your interests, and on the other side, jot down what career those interests relate to. There may be many choices for each interest.
Tips 4 -6 and Complete CareerRocketeer Article