What’s the secret to being a successful networker? Well, we all know how important it is to balance the online and offline networking and connecting what we are doing now.
We can’t only live online, or offline anymore. Each one is mutually interdependent and inter-related. They work so well in tandem.
Both have their importance, purpose and value. We know being “online” is simply smart and essential because that is where people converge, gather and interact. But, “offline” is where the true personal connections are made to explore the mutuality and develop the relationship. If you are not in physical proximity with someone, what are some of the ways and things you can do to accelerate relationship building?
Are you meeting, picking up the phone or Skyping regularly when you make new social friends?
How To Be A Successful NetworkerHere are nine things you can do that will help you develop some warm connections, stand out, and be remembered.
1. Share Your Passion, Authenticity, And StoryPeople really connect with your real side and everyone has a story. It’s the new “elevator pitch.”
2. Target Your AudienceLearn about the community where you are meeting. Research and find out about them on websites, blogs and through others that may know about them, or are members of the group.
3. Know The Guest ListWhen you know some specific people that will be there, that you will want to meet, do your homework and find out about them. Company, awards, community activity, accomplishments. This is great fodder for conversation. How would you feel when someone you didn’t know yet, approaches you and says, “I loved the blog post you wrote on how to be a Mom and grow a business”? It certainly says something to me about them.
4. Work The RoomMix and mingle, and try to have several warm interactions. Don’t monopolize or be monopolized. Engage and encourage mutual conversation and include others into it.
5. Pair Up With A MentorFind someone who knows the crowd and group and rely on them to introduce you around. Coming with someone others know and respect says something about you. “You are judged by the company you keep,” is the quote isn’t it?
Tips 6-9 and Complete Careerealism Article
Post a Comment