You want to understand where or why you are being eliminated, so take a gander below.
Application Turn OffsThese are the top 5 reasons recruiters rejected candidates according to a Bullhorn Reach survey
- applying for jobs for which they are obviously not qualified
- exaggerating qualifications
Social Media Turn OffsHere were the top reasons listed for dismissing candidates based on what they posted on social media according to CareerBuilder’s survey:
- Candidate posted provocative/inappropriate photos/info
- There was info about candidate drinking or using drugs
- Candidate bad mouthed previous employer
Interview Turn OffsHere are many of the top turn offs during interviews from various sources:
- Lack of knowledge about the company
- Tardiness, not showing up for interview on-time
- Arrogant, “know-it-all” attitude
- Personality problems, irrational behavior
Unspoken TruthsThe reality is, you may never hear what the true reason for your rejection.
Top 10 Things a Recruiter Won’t Tell You (CAREEREALISM)
- Your interview attire is outdated/messy/too tight/too revealing/too flashy.
- Your physical appearance is disheveled/outdated/sloppy/smelly/overpowering (i.e. too much perfume).
- Your eye contact is weak/shifty/intense.
- Your handshake is limp/too forceful/clammy.
- You say ah/um/like too much.